Tuesday, July 21, 2020

COVID 19 Quarantine in the OCM...........


May 18, 2020
liberty Liberty LIBERTY!!!

WELL HEY!

I know that it's been a while, and it's honestly just gone by so much faster than I really thought it would. For everyone that didn't know, I just left Greenville and I'm with my new companion, Elder Bruce, and it's a ball. I came to the land of the free, home of the brave, township of the lady herself, Liberty!

It was crazy to hear that I was leaving Greenville after almost 7 Months! It's gone down in the books as my longest served area and I'm so happy that it was! I love the people there and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to serve and get to know them.

Here in Liberty, it's been a crazy fast week. We've been going non stop and it's been great! We've had lessons, service, crazy hiking adventures, mountain biking mishaps and even more.

To share some highlights:

1. HIKING. Plenty of hiking and I didn't realize that I missed it so dang much. President told us in the beginning of quarantine  that 2 hours of exercise is MANDATORY, so we've been taking the opportunities, pictures and videos coming your way.

2. Remember when I said "Mountain Biking MIshaps"? Here's the story.

Elder Bruce and I went to go and drop off a bike to some elders in the mission because Elder Bruce is what we call the bike man so he's in charge of taking care of and delivering bikes. On our way, we decided that we would go biking in a certain park because it would be our last chance because of the weather. Of course, we had to turn back because I forgot my helmet. We drop off the bike, go to the park, and guess what? We found out that Elder Bruce did too! We got home, sad that we weren't able to go to this park, but decided to grab the helmet and go to another park! We finally get to have a good time on a trail. We get on the trail and on THE VERY FIRST TURN I turn my handlebars and suddenly I'm just zooming into the trees and crash. I get up and see that even though my handlebars wanted to turn, my tire didn't! So on our way back home, we conclude that if we went biking, I would've freaking DIED. So it was a good thing that that didn't work out 😂

3. We've been jamming out like, nonstop and we have a disney themed lip sync competition with the other elders in the district, being judged by the sisters. That's going to be wild and I hope that the other elders are psyched to get beat because there's no other option

4. We've had some awesome lessons with a guy named Gregg, and he's so ELECT! Keep him in your prayers to let him feel the Spirit because this is one cool cat.

5. Along with awesome lessons, we've had some fun service including scraping off and painting a house, and digging a trench while fighting an entire section of bees. As I was clearing out a monster of a rock, I got Stung right in the middle of my forehead! It's okay though because I was able to have fun and absolutely decimate a rock which I really enjoy.

And those are the highlights that I've got for you today! LOVE YOU!!!!

- Elder Johansen


May 25, 2020
....wait... HOLD ON!!!

So we're back again!
Another quick as all get out week gone by in the blink of an eye. I'll try to tell you the best highlights, just know it's been insane!

1. Creek hopping has been absolutely legendary this last week. We've gone down probably 3-5 creeks and they've been a lot of fun. There was one that was SOOOOO pretty and it was a lot of fun. We always try to stay as dry as we can just cause it adds an extra layer of excitement y'know? On one of our little adventures, I didn't do so hot on staying dry so shrug and in the creek I went. ELDER BRUCE though! He did crazy good, thanks to a bamboo staff that I found in the shower (another story for another time) and stayed dry for a lot of the creek. Then we just gave a big fat shrug and went in because of time 😂

2. We were basically doubled into the apartment so we had like, no food and we bought a solid bunch of food in bulk.....
two weeks later.... guess who has no food 😅 BUT GUESS WHOS ROCKIN IT LIKE A BOSS?

3. LIP                         SYNC                    BATTLE
Don't worry, I'll send the video don't worry

4. I'm staying in liberty, even with the threat of being transferred every two weeks. We'll see how long it lasts

GUESS WE"LL SEE NEXT WEEK!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!
~Elder Johansen


AND TIME PASSED......................... Due to the ability to video chat with family emails decreased.


July 20, 2020
Life so far!!!
SO!!!

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!
Its crazy that time just flies by so fast! July started and went like none else and my heads just spinning, seeing all of this.
So, for the boring updates here ya go 😁
1. We're still working hard and staying on the grind, even though right now we've been in quarantine for 127 days. We're still working with members, and doing our best to find people to teach so don't worry cause the WORK GOES ON!!

2. A part of the work moving on right now is the huge focus on using FACEBOOK! I've never posted on Facebook so much in like, ever. I've gotten a little bit more used to being in front of the camera, I guess we'll see where this goes 😂

3. Still going hard with Elder Garrett. He's such a wonderful companion and I'm really learning a lot from him.

Now for the BIG updates

1. If you didnt know, last month I was able to be involved in the baptism of one of the people we were teaching and it was so wonderful! She asked me to baptise her and it was really such a special experience for all of us.

2. July started out well with the 4th! It made me realize just how crazy last year was 🤣 just so you know, this year had 100% less death threats than last year so that was a plus!

3.We had a great lesson with a member family this last Sunday and
It
Was
The
BEST!
They're such a great family and they have a daughter that just absolutely tore my heart into pieces cause she was just so cute! She reminded me of all my cute little cousins back home and I'm so excited to see them again!

4. Last of all, this is the biggest one.
About 18 or so months ago, I met a young father named Brent. His wife reached out on the Internet for a copy of the Book of Mormon, and so my companion and I went over to drop it off. We eventually started teaching Brent and I've stayed in contact with him since. It's been a roller coaster of a ride, and if never been so excited, disappointed, frustrated or overjoyed as I've taught him. So, a few days ago he sent me a message and asked me to Baptise him on August 1st.


This work it true. I can feel it. I've seen so much in my time being a missionary. I've seen the fulfilment of the scripture that says "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".

Our purpose is to bring others to Christ, and His purpose is to help and love and exalt us.

I know these things to be true, and I'm so glad I can say so!

Love you!
~Elder Johansen


 The teachings of Jesus Christ can fill your life with LIGHT!
Elder Johansen and Elder Garrett
COVID baptism.......
July 4, 2020 was much better!!



No comments:

Post a Comment