Monday, June 17, 2019

With a Cherry on top........

Well Hello There!!!
What an end to the Transfer. Another beautiful six weeks and here's to another six more!
This past week has been very, very busy with a lot of exchanges, meetings, trios, and to top it all off, a transfer call which has called me to Cherry Grove, Ohio 😁
This past transfer has definitely been a key point in my progression not only in my life as a missionary, but in my life as a son of God. I was so very lucky to be with Elder Krey, Hopkins, Chidester and a plethora of other great Elders. They've taught me more than I deserve and all I hope is that I can apply what they've taught me 😄
🚥 HIGHLIGHTS 🚥
Last week we put one of the young men we're teaching on date for baptism on June 29th! He was so excited and we couldn't be happier for him! I know he'll be able to do it, there's no doubt that he'll do his very best to learn what he can and to follow the teachings we bring to the best of his abilities.
Like I've said; we've mainly had meetings, so it's not been incredibly exciting, but you know that the next transfers going to be a lot of exciting changes.

I love you all, have a great week!
        Sure love ya!
      -Elder Johansen





______________________________________________________________

-Cherry Grove Ohio-


Hello Hello Hello!

This week has honestly been one of those weeks that felt like it took 2 years to get through, in 2 minutes.
There's been a lot of figuring out what's going on in the area, and trying to meet everyone that we can.
The best part of the week was teaching a young woman that was referred to us by her friends who are returned missionaries. They're all doing summer sales here in Ohio, and will be here for the next few months. Elder Goodwine and I are pretty stinkin' lucky to be able to teach her.
Yesterday, we went over the Plan of Salvation with her and her friends. It was a very spirit filled and emotional lesson. There were many testimonies born, and beautiful doctrine taught by the power of the Holy Ghost. Yesterday was a great day of learning more about Jesus Christ and what he's done for all of us. One of my favorite scriptures that I read this week was Alma 7:11-13.
It says: 
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains afflictionsions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

This is the great message of Jesus Christ that we bring to the world. The Love of the Lord and His complete and utter devotion to each and every one of us. He shows the love of our Heavenly Father, and the greatness of His everlasting and eternal love for us.

Remeber that I love you all!

The Church is true and is led by a living Prophet in these days,

Sure Love You!

- Elder Johansen



No comments:

Post a Comment