Saturday, June 29, 2019

HELLO MY LOVED ONES!!!!!


      This week has felt like a whole transfer and a half! I keep on realizing that "It's only been a week since ____" and it's messing with my head. It feels like I'm in the MTC again and, man I don't like the time warp!
       Other than the strange time wobble, this week's been nuts! We've not only found someone new to teach that's incredibly solid and keeping all of the commitments that we're giving her, but we put her on date!! AND she went to a baptism yesterday after church with the Sister Training Leaders to a baptism for the YSA (it was a baptism for one of the people one of the sisters were teaching). And after all that excitement with the baptism, there was a potluck with the YSA that she and the friend that referred her to us went to. THEN, after a meeting, we went over and taught her a little bit about the commandments of obedience, prayer, and scripture study, and it was SO COOL!!! I''m gonna need ya'lls help with praying for Brook, because shes doing fantastic. But we all know how Satan likes it when a precious soul is coming closer to Christ and learning more of the truth, so please pray for Brook's spiritual protection.
        It's pretty insane when you're meeting with someone so often and teaching them more about the gospel and growing together spiritually. You find that you can truly love someone with all your heart and want the complete best for them. It's been a long week, but a very powerful, faith filled and testimony building week.
        We were also able to meet with a man whos been having a lot of trouble in his life. His name's S____. When we first met S____ a couple of days ago, he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. He's been having a really hard time, and the previous Elders that were teaching him, just weren't meeting his needs, though it wasn't for a lack of effort. That was the first time that I saw the testimonies that both of us gave, truly touched someone inside so much, that they said that we GLOWED. We were able to meet with him again during the week and there was a difference that was just, palpable. It was so easy to see the difference that reading the Book of Mormon every day has done for him. Not only the incredible examples of faith and perseverance that are in the book, but the doctrine and prophecies of the Savior Jesus Christ which brings hope and peace the the soul that no other book can. We saw this in S____, and he saw it in himself. We were able to get him a ride to church, and he actually came! It was incredible to see him and his two little daughters. It was a spiritual and powerful sacrament meeting, and I could feel the Holy Ghost resonate through my entire being as I was able to take the sacrament amidst all these friends which we have been teaching, and have been growing in their faith in Jesus Christ, and finding the peace that comes only by His hand.
      In other news, this week I fell down my second set of steps on a porch, and found out that it does actually take me 5 years to fall down. You think I'm going to stop, but no. I just keep on going! My companion describes my fall in his own words as " The Leisurely but Expeditious fall of man"
      It's been a great week of meeting the members here in this ward, and of actually being able to teach more than the restoration lesson, but expounding on our great message of hope, and seeing someone keep these commitments that can help them so much and strengthen testimonies. WHAT A WEEK! I've seen the change that the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring to someone, in just the past 7 or so days of being here in Cherry Grove, and it's phenomenal. If you don't have a testimony of this marvelous work, this incredible massage of hope of of life that's been restored to the earth in these, the Latter-days, then (though I do expect and hope that you will come to find a testimony of your own) you can use mine;
      I testify that this work is true. That it brings hope and peace beyond the abilities of that which is mortal. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true testament of Jesus Christ, and that Joseph Smith was in fact a true and living prophet who did in fact see God, our Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. I've grown closer and closer to Him, andIi never want to leave His presence, because I know that it's up to me. It's my choice to follow Him, and keep his commandments which allows me to find a joy that is immeasurable and eternal.The Church is true, and is the only way to find true happiness. I hope the very same for each and every one of you, and for all those that we love and desire to have this same Joy which moves us to do or best to do as He would do, say what He would say, and love as He would love. I say these things in the name of Him who was sent to Redeem us, our Savior and Brother, Jesus Christ, Amen.


The Church is True,
Sure love you!
~ Elder Johansen


Special thank you to President and Sister Welch for their selfless service to the Ohio, Cincinnati Missionaries. May God bless you.












No comments:

Post a Comment