Wednesday, May 1, 2019

this week flew by.....

Hey Mom! ( and the rest, I guess you can be included too if you want 😆)

It's been quite a week here in Springfield! It's finally starting to warm up and right now it's 72 degrees! It's a great change from the -33 that I've had over here. This last winter was brutal and *knock on wood* thankfully it's over! There were way to many days when I was walking around in the -10's and it was a little bit difficult to want to save our miles by walking around!
But this weather is much more appreciated that's for sure.

This week we've had some funny experiences and the whole week basically went by in a blur. But as the end of the transfer closes in, I see the growth that I've had personally as someone who's been called to serve God and his children.
At the beginning of this last 3 month period where I've trained Elder Stafford, we've all been so dang confused that we really had no choice but to grow better than we both started. This has been a very important section of personal trial and it's been the best thing I could've asked for.
I've had the chance to be the District leader of the Springfield and Huber Heights missionaries and a trainer to Elder Stafford. Both these experiences have given me the opportunity to grow as a leader and as a Disciple of Jesus Christ.
I can say that I've never so thoroughly studied the words of God in my life, and I'm so blessed that I can have His guidance in this time.
I can also say that we all need it. So if you're not reading the Book of Mormon, or if you don't think it's a priority....
Repent and make it a priority!
Bring yourself closer to God and realize that the council given is just for you!
As someone from home always said " If everyone would just read the Book of Mormon, their lives would just be so much better!". I know that this marvelous old widow that said this statement really knows about what she's talking about!
The Book of Mormon is the best Self-help book out there, and can help us in more ways than we can possibly imagine.

I'm not a Biblical Scholar and I don't have a PHD in Religious Studies, but that's not what defines someone as knowing the truth. I know that this work is true, that the message that we teach is true, and if no one believes me, then I invite them to find out for themselves if it's true.
And how do we do that?
We take the Lord's council to study by knowledge and by faith.
And what do we do?

READ THE BOOK!!!
ASK GOD IF IT'S TRUE!!!
AND SEEK YOUR OWN CONFIRMATION THAT THIS IS TRUE!!!
ALSO STOP YELLING.....

that's generally a good thing BUT HEY 😆

We've also had the chance to celebrate Easter here in Springfield (oh my gosh, SPRING in SPRINGFIELD! I NEED TO GO STAND IN A GRASSY PIECE OF LAND) and it was a great experience. One of my favorite things was the new video that the church put out and if you haven't seen it, go look at my Facebook or go to Come Unto Christ

Today we helped someone move and that was actually a lot of fun. If your ever going to move somewhere, make sure to have things set up to where you're able to move, don't wait to pack things up till your help gets here.
That's stupid.
And no one wants to be stupid.

I also got an incredible compliment from one of the members, where he said that once my previous companion and I came into Springfield, missionary work has started to improve drastically and that they were all so glad to have had us there. That was awesome to hear.
I'm glad that Springfield was left for the better instead of worse. Hopefully it stays in the better. If not I'm gonna be stinkin' FURIOUS but I know it will and I'm glad :D

All in all this week flew by and I'm glad that we're staying busy. It's great to speak to you all, you all look great, I see you dressed for the occasion, and I don't think I've seen a better group!

Please take my advice, it's the best council I could ever give to anyone, and I promise it will change your lives for good.

Make good choices,

the Church is true,

Sure love ya!
~Elder Johansen


Side note:
Elder Johansen's Facebook page is for missionary use only. He is not allowed to respond to comments made on posts. You may email him at kevin.johansen@myldsmail.net. When time allows he will write back. Continue to reference his mission blog for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment