Monday, December 17, 2018

This week was Sick!!!

And by this "week", I mean me! And not the fun way that gets you high fives and sweet shades, I already have those. I mean I got to have a really great time this week with my body hating me!
Last week around Sunday, I started feeling a bit crummy right? Not so great, just hangin out, everything else in me go'in out, and we call Sister Curtis our mission RN, and tell her what's going on. We take it easy that day and just don't work quite as hard. Next day I feel like crap the whole day, I still go to do the work, but there's just a point where I can't move! So after I push through that and we're done with our day, we call Sister Curtis again. She tells us to "Go into the ER right now!"
"Right now?"
"Right now!"
(She thought that it was appendicitis come to find out. To bad I didn't know because otherwise, I would be told her that I already beat her to the punch with that one)
After a seven hour wait, getting my blood drawn, shots and an ultrasound to check my gallbladder, we found out that it's something so absolutely attritious and life altering!!

A really bad stomach flu.
That's it. That's all it was.

7 hrs.
Waiting.
Still in a lot of pain,
But still.
Bleh.
We got home around three and were just told to sleep the next day, so we took that opportunity as fast as we could!

The week was honestly just a lot of throwing up, and not quite as many miracles. Elder Conrad did find out that he really likes the idea of doing ultrasounds since he doesn't really like blood, but he still likes to look at what the heck is going on inside the body.
So there ARE perks!

This week we were able to meet with Brother Hines. A less active member that was converted last year and that's been having quite a bit of trouble recently on deciding whether or not to come to church. Long story short, he told us this last Sunday that the meeting we had with him was the real turning point. That he's finally ready to move on.
We then got an awesome talk from President and Sister Welch in sacrament meeting. President Welch is seriously, the most savage grandpa.

The main thing I really took from this week is, that we can't ever be so far in the dark, that the light of Christ doesn't find us. We have the responsibility to change, but we have the chance to change because of him and his love.

I love you all so much!
Elder Johansen

Agent Johansen and Agent Conrad
We put Agent on the Elder. 
The sisters put Detective on theirs because they were kind of involved with a crime (Witnesses and first responders) "Part time Sisters, part time detectives"
So we put Agents because we were pretty much Bodyguards for the sisters last night, and we saw that and thought, hey, we need to do something now. So we sent that and said
 "Full time Agents of the Lord"
It was great 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment