Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Short and sweet week.....

This last week was full of Christmas, miracles and way to much desert.
The real climax of this week was the Christmas conference that we had this last Wednesday. It was a great time and I was able to make some really solid friends! I actually got to meet my grandfather 😁
We watched some bible videos for the Christmas season, which totally wrecked me but that's fine 😂 I played a lot of music, and it was a very spiritual start to the whole thing. After we had that first bit, we had an actual Talent Show!!! It was the most amazing, cringe worthy and hilarious thing I've seen so far. Each one of us were thrown under the bus by President and Sister Welch by being told on Sunday that we had to do something during Christmas conference ( I had to play piano a few times and sing. I really hope I won't have to sing again cause, oh man 😅) so all of us weren't exactly what you would call "prepared" for literally anything, so we all understood the awkwardness and just embraced it! As we always should right!
After the "talent show" we had a great lunch and then played some games, then had a devotional. There were some rumours from the older companions that they watched Polar Express last Christmas so there was a lot of hope on some Christmas cheer.

We did not get that.

The President decided to be mean and show us 17 Miricles.

And man oh man,

That hurt a lot more than Polar Express ever did.

We all cried at least 3 times. I know I had to take a drink of water to keep myself from crying 😅 I got pretty choked up that's for sure.

We said goodbye to friends and came home to good I'm Springfield, and that's pretty much the highlight of it all. We've found little acts of service to do in the last week though! There was a couple of guys who broke down in the road, so we pushed them into a place that they could work on the car. Raked some yards, all the such.

But, over all, it's been a super week.

I miss you all. Not too much, but I still do I promise 😄


 MERRY CHRISTMAS (I hope you like your E-Christmas Card :D)

Elder Johansen

Merry Christmas from 
Elder Johansen and Elder Conrad




No comments:

Post a Comment